September 2, 2011

Just shoot me

After waiting at home for three days, and using up all my cell phone minutes on hold with their abominable customer service, AT&T finally fixed my internet.

They got it up and running about an hour after I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my $1000 laptop and destroyed it. I'm at the Apple store now, and they're surveying the damage, but it doesn't look good. When you have undeniable liquid damage -- and we're talking visible puddles of coffee, no way to deny it -- the repair costs $750.

The good news is that since I haven't been paid in months, and I have $1500 in credit card debt from the move, another financial catastrophe barely makes a difference at this point. The penny-pound thing.

This summer has been like that story in the Bible where shitty things keep happening to that guy. Only instead of a plague of frogs and farming difficulties, my list of trials = the bed bugs, the move, financial crisis, stalled dissertation, not being ready for the job market, and internet & computer problems. I just want to put my head down and cry.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home