July 15, 2011

Sigh

I think it might be time to leave a passive aggressive note for my neighbors. The note would explain the difference between the shared back steps and a garbage dumpster, and maybe it would also include a helpful little map to the dumpster behind the apartment building.

Section two of the note can cover smoke detectors. I don't know why people can't deal with these basic things.

In other news. Feedback for my first dissertation chapter has been positive so far. My readers want a few revisions, of course, but they seem to like the material and the writing.

My favorite comment is from my chair, who encouraged me to argue against his work in order to show my "independence and creativity." (My findings contradict his previous work somewhat.) He wrote that I should take swipes at him whenever I can.

I've moved on to the next chapter for the time being. My goal was to finish it by the end of July, but since that's in like two weeks... it might be a little bit later than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home