February 14, 2011

Oh cats

I don't know how she did it, but my cat managed to spill the contents of her litter box all over the floor at seven-something in the morning. I woke up to the crashing sound, and emerged from the bedroom to find the litter box standing up on its side while my cat ran wildly around the apartment, meowing.

My guess is that she was chasing something real or imaginary and somehow ended up crashing down on one side of the box, so that her weight plus the impact was enough to flip it over.

I'm going to buy more litter today, to try to weight the box down more. Just in case she thought it was fun and tries to replicate whatever happened.

Because it was a pretty terrible way to wake up.

3 Comments:

  • Um, yeah. I would imagine so! So do you think that the contents of the box fell on top of her, too, then? That must have been so scary for her!

    By Blogger caroline, at 2/14/11, 6:19 PM  

  • She didn't have litter on her when I got up, so I'm not sure how much fell on her -- mostly because I'm still not entirely sure how it even happened. But I'm sure she was scared when it flipped over.

    Also, since I wrote the post I got some clue about what might have caused her to be so hyper. The temperature is warmer today than it has been, so there were birds outside the window. She loves to watch birds and sometimes she gets worked up when they fly past her -- she might have been running around because of that.

    By Blogger Di Di, at 2/14/11, 6:38 PM  

  • A covered litter box is good - even when Manic Cat decides to tip it over (my cat is nearly 11, she should have more sense, but she still gets very hyper sometimes), the litter is all caught in the cover...

    By Blogger JaneB, at 2/18/11, 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home