November 25, 2010

Holiday

The thing that's hard about holidays is everything else shuts down, because everyone else is with their families too. So my favorite blogs aren't updated, my friends aren't online or on their phones, and I won't get any department or dissertation e-mails.

And I keep checking my phone because when my parents are stressed out and ordering me around, or when relatives are asking why I'm still single and still in school, it helps to check in with my regular interests, activities, and friends. To remind myself that I'm 27, and I have a life where I am generally treated like a competent, independent adult.

But all the blogs just say Happy Thanksgiving, and I don't have any e-mails or urgent work assignments, and hardly anyone is on twitter... fortunately some Canadians are still covering hockey.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home