January 5, 2010

Noooooooooooo

My new class starts today, yes today, January 5th. If we were on semesters like normal universities, I would have had a full month of break instead of a shitty, stressful two weeks of holiday travel.

But we are on the quarter system, a system that means 1) Short breaks, 2) Teaching until mid-June, and 3) Three rounds of finals instead of two.

My first year, the new quarter started on January 3rd. So it could be worse. Nothing makes you wish you were dead like starting school on January 3rd.

I will show up on time and do my job like a professional... but in my head, I'm throwing a kicking, screaming tantrum like a kid on Supernanny.

3 Comments:

  • "I will show up on time and do my job like a professional... but in my head, I'm throwing a kicking, screaming tantrum like a kid on Supernanny."

    This is officially my favorite quote of the new decade.

    By Blogger Mamabeek, at 1/6/10, 1:34 AM  

  • Can I just say, the professor is probably doing that too?? I know I was, the year I taught under that system... and I knew all the students were doing it too.

    P.s. your 'what am I doing' box currently talks about pouring your cat a glass of water - that happens in my house. Furball will drink tea or diet soda out of a glass if the only alternative is a bowl of water. Bowls are for food, in her view, drinks must come from glasses. And drinks are often better if the human wants them.

    By Blogger JaneB, at 1/6/10, 11:23 AM  

  • JaneB, it's true -- I think my cat suspects that I give myself the "good water" while I give her "cat water" even though they both come from the same place. Cats are so funny. Since water is free, and healthy for her, I just keep giving in.

    By Blogger Di Di, at 1/6/10, 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home