January 25, 2010

False alarm

One of my students just e-mailed me in a panic, saying he just realized that the paper is due tomorrow, but we don't have class tomorrow, and so he doesn't know how to turn it in.

The paper is due on February 25th. I think the poor guy is delirious from stress. Usually I save student e-mails for Monday morning, but I knew that if I didn't reply immediately he would stay up all night working on the paper.

Some of these undergrads are so overwhelmed and sleep deprived. It makes me sad. I had many bad weeks in college, but on the quarter system, the stress is constant. Every week is paper week, midterm week, or finals week. Then, they get a very short break and start all over. It's not healthy for them.

I hope my student got some sleep.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home