January 27, 2010

6 weeks

I saw my doctor yesterday, and she thinks I will be in the cast for at least six more weeks. Not 4-6 weeks, but a full month and a half of slow painful limping, of not being able to exercise, just lying at home in my sweats feeling like a slug.

I've been trying not to get depressed, to stay upbeat, to keep it in perspective. You know, think of Haiti -- it's not that bad! It's a temporary injury. I'll be fine.

Okay, I know that. But I'm still feeling really sad and left out. Tomorrow, my friends are going to play intramural basketball and then go out drinking in another part of the city. The basketball team was formed when I introduced two groups of friends to each other -- and now, they are going to have fun without me for weeks.

So I feel isolated and excluded from my whole social world, which basically revolved around my sports -- and I'm feeling angry, but I can't blame anyone. It was just an accident, a split second of bad luck.

Anyway. If you could allow me to be a humorless feminist for a moment. I've been really annoyed about the iPad jokes that have swamped the internet all day. Like, "ohmygod, it sounds like PERIODS ahahahahahaha!" I think it's juvenile and degrading, and it has been making me feel crappy all day.

But then, I'm already in a bad mood.

5 Comments:

  • BOO! I bet your leg is feeling nasty and icky too, under that cast. I remember really looking forward to bathing when I got mine off!

    By Blogger Psycgirl, at 1/28/10, 7:08 PM  

  • Thankfully I have an "aircast" that comes on and off, so I have been washing my foot daily. It's the best part of my day.

    By Blogger Di Di, at 1/28/10, 10:30 PM  

  • Hooray for aircasts!!! Can you do some stretching and upper body type workouts that might make you feel a little less lumpish?

    I haven't seen the jokes, but I'd be irritated by them as well, I know it.

    By Blogger Mamabeek, at 1/29/10, 4:36 PM  

  • Amiable fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/10, 3:58 PM  

  • Well I acquiesce in but I think the list inform should have more info then it has.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/6/10, 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home