October 18, 2009

Just like Flower

My indoor soccer season started today. We lost, but it was a great night. Everyone on my team is cool, and I like indoor soccer a lot. The ball never goes "out of bounds" so it's a lot more intense. Also, the goal is smaller, and the goalie is not allowed to use hands.

Toward the end of the game, our goalie chased after the ball and I ended up covering the goal. I made a save, and my team cheered for me. They asked if I wanted to stay in the goal, and I said yes -- I've always been afraid to be the goalie, but we were already losing by several points, so I thought it was a good time to try. Plus, when you can't use your hands, goaltending is just like blocking shots on the defense -- and I block shots all the time.

I faced one other shot, and I made the save. Then the game was over, and everyone congratulated me for the saves. So now I can play goalie like Marc-Andre Fleury:
After the game, we went out for drinks and watched Sunday night football at a bar. Everyone seems very nice, and I think it's going to be a good season.

In other news, while I was on the train, I saw my blog header photo on a billboard. Apparently someone has picked up the stock photo for an advertising campaign... I'm tempted to go back to the stop and take a picture or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home